Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Protest Music

Ok, so I finally found something good that has come from George W Bush's reign: Darn Good protest music. This state we're in now kind of reminds me of the late 60's when you started to see mainstream bands like the Beatles, and CSN&Y take a stance against political and cultural trends being pushed by a those who are in power. Back then you had Vietnam, now we have Iraq. Back then you had the Black Civil rights movement, now we have the Gay civil rights movement. And back then you had a
ridiculously crooked and inept President and now we have well... I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same.

But here are some of my favorite Protest songs of the Bush era.

1. Rich Man's War-Steve Earle
2. Mosh- Eminem.
3. American idiot- Green Day ( the album, not the song)
4. The Hand that Feeds- Nine Inch Nails
5. Until the End- The Nightwatchman
6. Boom- System of a Down
( I know I'm missing a few so if anyone has any other suggestions feel free to chime in)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home